Saturday, December 01, 2007

My December Social Calender


It's funny, a year ago my social life and work life was DOA, and my love life was kind of there but on its last legs. But now since the discovery of all these social networks via the wonderous internet, it's certainly transformed, if not perfect. More a work in progress (do I really want to mess that up by going off to the states next year? Hmm). There's little to be done about my love life, but I have recently found my social calender filling up really nicely without too much hair tearing. I seem to be broaching a point of being, (gasp, could it be??) well, happy.
Last night I was invited out by a couple of people I'd met at a BCS British Chinese Society social to another BCS social, and found my pleasantly entertained by the company and venue, Ruby Lo @ Sequoia where the music was good, the cocktails were good, and I'm fairly certain most of the patrons were authentic Londoners. Through that I found out I could be a volunteer at the BCS Xmas Ball in 2 weeks time, therefore not feel bad about going on my own, and possibly get in for a reduced rate. The only thing is that very same weekend, just the night before Backabush - my favourite hiking group are also doing an Xmas party at Sway which I really fancy going to. It should be OK, I just won't drink.
Next Friday my work place are doing an Xmas dinner at Dragons, in Bedford, again. Ah, the magic of home county Chinese buffet. I'm getting to kind of like these guys, and I actually feel kind of sad that I'm deciding to leave in January. I'm actually putting off setting a final date with them, but it has to be done. And then on the Sunday there's going to be a Cantonese meetup, my first, if I make it. I like the idea of being able to practice my cantonese with new people.

And then on the weekend before actual Xmas, a couple of friends from Hong Kong are coming over to stay with me at my mum's abode.

It's going to be a good month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home