Sunday, November 25, 2007

Everything changes





















Things that have happened since March 2007.
- I broke up with American Bill.
- I passed that USA pharmacy exam (FPGEE) and now have the certificate which allows me to apply for work in the US.
- I was discharged from the Hammersmith hospital, after refusing to have the hemithyroidectomy op for the 5th time.
- I went to China for 2.5 weeks, and was reunited with my BFF from 20 years ago, Denise, in Shanghai.
- I have decided I would give the USA a shot, and am thinking of checking out California.
- Ten months later I am finally getting used to my work place in Bedford, and they are finally used to me. Just as I'm deciding to leave.
- I finished my first draft of my Australia travelogue.
- Melissa is going back to New Zealand after having been here in the UK for 2 years.


My good friend Moyo just got married, my other sister Sarah got married, and my old PhD colleague Nadia's baby is now 2 years old, even though she and her husband look young and exactly the same as they did when I knew them from 3 years ago. And I never thought I would actually finish my travelogue, I suppose it just goes to show that all it takes is time. I'm going back and editing what I've written, and it just gives me chills t re-read my old words that I'd forgotten about from 2 years ago. I still think about American Bill all the time, and it makes me sad each time, but every time I think about contacting him again, I remind myself of all the little reasons we broke up again. We had such a wonderful time near the beginning, then it all just faded away. In the end I think he fell out of love with me, and changed into this person that I don't know anymore. I think he did love me in the beginning, but the man I loved is no longer there anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home